Thinking about the time left before our Italy vacation, it does still seem quite far away. However, in 3 weeks from Thursday we will be on our way! The weather has been pretty good in both Rome and Venice for the past month (yes, I check daily) so I'm hoping we luck out and don't have to worry too much about rain or cool weather. But, I know that I am always cold, so I will go prepared!
I don't know if it's the warm weather here, or the fact that it's been over a year since my last vacation, but lately, my mind is just not in a happy, productive place. I find myself daydreaming and staring off into space more often than not, which isn't good to be doing at work! I'm imagining us sitting in a beautiful piazza, sipping wine and watching people walk by. My dream is to find a beautiful, quaint cafe that isn't overrun with tourists, where we can experience the real Rome (or Venice or Florence) the way the locals often do.
My vacation will be superb - I don't doubt that one bit. The day we leave can't come fast enough (though, honestly, I still feel like I have a ton of things to do to prepare for the trip), and I am so excited and happy to finally be counting down the days until this much anticipated vacation.
Next up, I will post our planned itinerary closer to June 7th, because I'm curious to see how well we stick to the "plan"...neither of us are afraid to be spontaneous and make a new decision based on something we've heard or read. I hope to find many unexpected adventures during our 3 weeks in Italy, as well as experience those sights and tastes that I have been dreaming of for many, many years!
No comments:
Post a Comment